In Dash GPS/DVD Head unit or Seprerate GPS unit?

which setup?

• Pioneer Avic D2

Votes: 27 87.1%
  • Garmin Streetpilot c320 + OEM 6 CD changer

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

theaccordian

Reaction score
okay im debating whether to get an in dash Touch Screen CD/DVD/Navi head unit like a pionner avic d2 (lowest price ive seen is $700). or a seperate gps unit like a garmin street pilot (lowest price like $270.) along with an ex oem 6 cd changer (around $150) reaosn why I want a gps unit, is I hate using mapquest and crap, I have a horrible sense of direction

reasons for the in dash:

*huge bling factor
*fits like oem
*can watch movies and crap
*built in amplifier
*oh yeah "it looks fukcing pimp"

cons for in dash:
*might as well leave a sign on my car reading "ATTENTION THEIVES: Please smash my window and steal my $700 head unit.
*its $700

reasons for seperate gps unit + oem 6 cd changer:

*removable so I can hide it from theives
*alot cheaper
*looks stock

cons:

*doesnt look as slick
*no features compared to pioneer avic d2 (xm satelite, dvd player etc)

Last edited:

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Don't get the garmin type navi's just spend a bit more and get your self a Avic unit, I bought the Garmin Navi unit and returned it I did not like how it mountd on the dash and I had load maps what a bitch. I'm going to buy a Avic unit once again looking at getting the D2, D3 or N1 here's were I got my coworker a new N1 for $620 shipped they have good deals on some of their auctions you can make your own offer. They ship samy day as you buy, I get things I buy from them in 1 day after I pay for it super fast and the service is unbeatable. These Avic units are so great I miss mine but I think I'll be buying one of these very soon, my coworker got his 2 weeks ago from the same place and he just bought the XM and TV tuner Add on.

AVIC-D1 Normal Auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-6-5-TOU...hZ018QQcategoryZ79834QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

AVIC-D1 (Make your own offer)
http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-6-5-TOU...hZ018QQcategoryZ79834QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

AVIC-N2 (Make your own offer)
http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-6-5-NAV...hZ018QQcategoryZ79834QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

ryon527

Reaction score
I would get a portable nav unit so that you can take with you into different cars. I have the garmin strretpilot c330 and I had a problem with it freezing and I returned it and got it replaced with the same thing. I haven't had any problems now with the new one.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I sell Garmin all day, they're great. But, nothing compared to an in-dash GPS. Also, the C320 will have very out of date maps.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
just get the in dash grab a towel and throw it over your center console when you leave your car, or get a one of those fold out sun visors for your windshield.

that's what i do when i park in a ****ty area, i throw a towel over my stuff and make my car look like a mess.

angelplus

Reaction score
Buy a nice security system, that'll slve most of your problems with this. Compustar FTW

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
^^^Very true. If you're parked in a moderately populated area, a thief will allmost always go for the car without the security system. Less work for them.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
my friend got a Garmin last year for xmas, think it was like $300 and the thing works awesome.

but regardless of what you do for navi, everyone's gotta know how much I hate oem head units by now

Jeffro

Reaction score
Well, I must be the only cheap *** dude that sees $400 compared to $700. If you've got the money, go for the all-in-one, but if you don't (like I don't) then the cheaper the better. I know how to use Mapquest though, so I wouldn't need it to begin with ;) (as far as the navigation goes)...

P.S. I'll sell you my Pioneer 12 disc changer if you want it... Then you can go all for the in-dash... :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back