help with speaker install

wg2k7

Reaction score
im making some contraption to mount a 7 inch sub in either 6x9 hole in the rear deck of the coupe and i want to match that to my interior. i have tan leather and i want to get some tan leather to wrap the mdf board in, anyone have any idea where i can get it? also, wheres the best place to mount a sub in the accord? im trying to keep everything as stealth/stock looking as possible

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
you should double check but i'm pretty sure those eu's will run IB just fine. they won't be nearly as loud IB as they would be in a box though.

i don't know about leather, but its pretty easy to find lots of vinyl at Joann Fabrics or whatever other fabric store you have near you.

wg2k7

Reaction score
ok thanks, yea they are ib then. thats how i plan on mounting them. for anyone thats done some upholstery or has some knowledge on it, in putting the pleather or other material on the wood, should i glue and/or staple it?

Jeffro

Reaction score
wg2k7 said:
ok thanks, yea they are ib then. thats how i plan on mounting them. for anyone thats done some upholstery or has some knowledge on it, in putting the pleather or other material on the wood, should i glue and/or staple it?

I personally would make sure its tight and staple it. If you do it right, you shouldn't need glue. Maybe that's just me though ;)

wg2k7

Reaction score
thats what i figured but i havent ever done any upholstery before so i thought id double check, thanks, ill get some before and after pics up hopefully this weekend

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Get 3M Spray Adhesive and pull tight then staple. It will keep the fabric/leather from bunching up later on down the road.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
Get 3M Spray Adhesive and pull tight then staple. It will keep the fabric/leather from bunching up later on down the road.

yup.

also make sure you get smooth wood or the texture will show through.

Back