3m Carbon fiber wrap??

vtech204

Reaction score
I have this crazy idea and I need some feedback.. I want to carbon fiber wrap my enkie rsv rims 18"/7.5... Put the wrap on the put three coats of clear coat. What do you guys think?

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
That would be a huge pain in the *** and It's ricey as hell bc you are imitating carbon fiber wheels which are somewhat rare and very well crafted. Me personally I would never want to imitate a carbon fiber wheel. Plus if someone finds out you will for ever be known as the Guy who vinyled his wheels carbon. This thread reminds me of the thread on here that's A DIY to make your auto look like a manual, It's ridiculous. Get them powder coated and call it a day. I'm not trying to be mean, just my opinion. Good luck!

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
find a pos whell and try it, then post pics, it wld b pretty ba if u cld pull it off

twofast4u

Reaction score
well someone did that on their rims. This was on a G35...I think it looks pretty good.

Picture094.jpg

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
That's retarded, it may look nice till you see the seam. The next problem you'll have is clearing them (since that's what you said you wanted to do). Clearing over the Di-Noc doesn't work well, and the results are mixed at best as the vinyl isn't meant to be cleared over. Don't do it, or if you do it post pics so we can show the next person why not to do it.

kn0x47

Reaction score
strasse forged and probably other high end wheel makes wrap their wheels but its with real carbon fiber

Back