Anybody get a tranny letter from Honda lately?

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
so the other day i come home and my parents go well we might need to take ur car to honda....and the big guys at honda sent me a letter about the tranny problems on the 00-01 models....anybody else get one of these lately? what all to do about it? i was thinkin about takin it down there to get em to check it out cause its been actin up some lately and if it goes out im gonna be pissed....so what all can be done...

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
00-01 got 100k miles warranty on the tranny....nothig to worry about. us 98-99 and 02 got nothing except maybe the chance of goodwill :argue:

6THGEN_AI4

xi0utlawstarix said:
00-01 got 100k miles warranty on the tranny....nothig to worry about. us 98-99 and 02 got nothing except maybe the chance of goodwill :argue:

Thats right, It shouldn't be 00-01 but 98-02.

Jeffro

Reaction score
The problem is this was a court case, not a recall, and I imagine the arguments stemmed from people with the 00-01 accords. If it was a recall by Honda, it would cover all the years, but this wasn't. I'm guessing the judge ruled that they only had to replace the transmissions represented in court, which were probably the 00 and 01 vehicles...

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
see, here's the problem. i bought my car used from a used car dealership, very respectable mind you (Enterprise Rent-A-Car does Enterprise Buy-A-Car) so i'm not sure if i'll get the letter or not.

if i do get the letter, i got to undo all the bolt ons, and then FLOOR THAT BITCH, auto-shift it, and get me a new tranny just to be a dickhead.

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
will they service/replace the car with a different set of springs on it? i dont know if i have had it serviced since i have had my stechs on...but i will be looking into the whole ordeal and see what the local honda dealer says..

Back