Push Start

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
Hey has anyone ever tried to install one of these? I've been looking at the one from Ignited and it looks pretty cool, and pretty simple to install. I think it would be a fun little project to do. I was just looking to see if anyone has on, or if anyone has ever done it. Just a thought. Any helpe will be greatly appreciated! :peace:

Jeffro

Reaction score
I haven't done this specifically, but I'm sure it would be easier than a remote starter, which I've done countless times... Probably just attach specified wires to their points, and usually, instead of turning the key to crank it, you turn the key to "on" and push the button.

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
Whoa, just took a look at my original post, and I made quite a few typos. Sorry, all. Anyways Jeffro, you hit the nail on the head, thats basically what the instructions on their site say. I find it odd though that their remote start kits is 35 bucks and the push button start is 65 bucks :confused: I think maybe I might try this and see how it goes. If I do I'll definetly take some pics of the install. Anyone else have any more input?

Here are the install instructions: http://www.ignitedperformance.com/pushbutton.pdf

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
That's about as easy as they come as far as installs, it's just a matter of placement. I've been eyeing these up for a while.

Jeffro

Reaction score
Here's what you should find in your wiring harness, and the explanation of each wire (which should help you for your install)...

Most if not all the wires in the harness your looking for will be 12 or 10 guage wire...

White - +12 Volt Constant
Black/White - Starter/Crank Wire
Black/Yellow - Ignition

And the other 2 are accessory wires, and they should be Yellow, and White/Black.

Luckily, since we have Honda's, we only have 1 ignition wire. I personally wouldn't use the white wire either. I'd run the Ignition to the 2 12 volt points, and your starter/crank to the one marked. Don't forget to run a ground, and mount it. It shouldn't be very hard to wire. Just make sure you don't cut too much of your wires when you install, because that means trouble.

Should be a breeze!

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Thing is, I haven't started my car with my key in over 6 months. I don't know how much use this would get from me.

Jeffro

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
Thing is, I haven't started my car with my key in over 6 months. I don't know how much use this would get from me.

Remote starter?

And one other thing to add to my previous post... I don't know if it would interfere with the chip in out key or not, but personally, I would dis-connect the Crank wire and connect it to the switch directly, because what I'm picturing in my mind, you wouldn't be able to start the car with the key, you'd have to know where the button is (and that there is one, in that case)... Just a thought...

Last edited:

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
With that, the key will have to be in the ignition so it won't be a problem.

Yea, remote start is awesome in the winter.

Back