Shocks question

rick_dang1987

Reaction score
i just wonder if any you guy use KYB GR-2 GAS STRUTS & SHOCKS? i can get them brand new for $100 but i don't know it is good products or not.i want to drop my car 1.5''. thanks in advance.

Last edited:

truWarier02

Reaction score
If you can get 'em for $100 brand new then that's a great deal. They usually go for about $300-350.

They're basically OEM replacement shocks but they should be able to handle a mild drop.

rick_dang1987

Reaction score
ye. i was thinking to buy tokico shock and eibach springs. and i just want to drop my car 1.5''. do u think this KYB can handle 1.5'' drop as well?

truWarier02

Reaction score
Yeah, you should probably be fine. But obviously, you just gotta be careful over potholes and bumps to preserve the life of the shocks.

I would probably get Tokico HP's instead though. Up to you.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
they most likely cant handle a small drop because...well, theyre oem replacements. if you wouldnt lower your car on oem shocks, then why would you buy 4 new oem replacement shocks and lower on them? and again, oem replacements, which means theyre not valved for stiffer springs rates like what you get with aftermarket drop springs.

in the end its your call and your decision op, but you might want to think about if youll want to do it all over again when youre $400 gr-2's start blowing. and yes, they will. a friend of mine went through like 6 on his 6g coupe.​

bEdLaM13

Reaction score
i made the mistake of pairing them w eibachs and they didnt last long at all. the ones i have now are going on almost 3yrs now, and still good as new.

EscoStylez

Reaction score
i just wonder if any you guy use KYB GR-2 GAS STRUTS & SHOCKS? i can get them brand new for $100 but i don't know it is good products or not.i want to drop my car 1.5''. thanks in advance.

Great question cause my rear struts r gone and I was looking at the hp....
I guess I'm buyin them since they go good wit dropsprings....will it drop the car more?

Hondastylez

Reaction score
when I first got lowering springs I made the mistake of buying KYB's. I got the H&R springs which give me about a 2" drop. The KYB's lasted less than a year. I replaced the shocks with Koni yellows since and I absolutely love these way better. I'm looking to pair up my konis with ground control in the future.

rick_dang1987

Reaction score
$100 = great deal :(. but oh well i better buy set of Tokico or koni instead though.

Back