Couple issues with '01 ACC2 I4

emfollin

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am new to this board, just learned about it from V6P. I am not new to Hondas however. I picked up an '01 Accord Coupe this past June and since then I have encountered some issues. I am experiencing a thundering noise which sounds like tires not being properly balanced but I have had them balanced twice with very little improvement. This noise occurs at about 50+ MPH. It will also very seldom occur around 30 MPH. Secondly, my sunroof rattles insanely. I know the sunroof could be specifically my car but I just wanted to see if this was a common problem.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
describe the wheel noise more.

and i haven't heard of the sunroof thing being a common problem. I think you just got unlucky - my dad's sunroof does that too.

Jeffro

Reaction score
emfollin said:
Hi guys, I am new to this board, just learned about it from V6P. I am not new to Hondas however. I picked up an '01 Accord Coupe this past June and since then I have encountered some issues. I am experiencing a thundering noise which sounds like tires not being properly balanced but I have had them balanced twice with very little improvement. This noise occurs at about 50+ MPH. It will also very seldom occur around 30 MPH. Secondly, my sunroof rattles insanely. I know the sunroof could be specifically my car but I just wanted to see if this was a common problem.

Is your sunroof factory, or was it cut in? I used to have problems with my 93 Moonroof, but it was cut in by the dealer... I think BlkCurrant has problems with his sunroof...

emfollin

Reaction score
My sunroof is factory as I have an EX-L. The wheel noise just sounds like the thundering noise you would expect from improperly balanced wheels. I can feel it through the steering wheel but not as much as if it were unbalanced wheels. It is also not the wheel bearing whine. The only thing I can really think of is perhaps a bent wheel.

6THGEN_AI4

Welcome to the site and yeah it might be a bent wheel but you can try putting the rear ones to the front tp see if they do the same thing.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Possible bent wheel or misalignment. I hate my sunroof, it does the same thing.

Jeffro

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
Possible bent wheel or misalignment. I hate my sunroof, it does the same thing.

I thought I remembered that conversation when we were in Canton ;)

emfollin

Reaction score
You guys are quick to reply! Thanks! I haven't switched the wheels, I will do that and see if that fixes it.

Something else that has been bothering me, my seatbelt latch seems to be rattling as well. As I move in my seat from taking turns the latch seems to creak. I can't wait to get rid of this car but I am waiting for the next TSX. :(

angelplus

Reaction score
My OEM factory moon/sun rattles a tiny bit, but enough to annoy me, when it's slanted...

emfollin

Reaction score
Mine doesn't rattle when it is open, just when it is shut. I was playing around with it and it seemed to have more play in it then it should. I can actually push down on the glass. I'm not sure if they move like that or not, I don't think I've ever messed with one as I've never had one make noise.

Back