Alternator, which one?

Quinchu

Reaction score
Well I've been looking at getting a new alternator, its not charging my battery anymore because I've had to get 2 jumps in the last couple of days.

I checked out autozone, and oreilly's, and they both have about the same prices, but which one would be better?

Duralast 105 AMP/ Life time warranty, 100.99
Valuecraft Alternator / limited warranty, 95.99
Ultima Import / Limited warranty, 109.99

I was lookin' at the duralast one, but didn't know if they were any good.

Jeffro

Reaction score
Have you checked to make sure the battery is holding the charge, before you blame the alternator? Just curious...

Quinchu

Reaction score
Yea, I sure did, battery was just changed 10,000 miles ago also, so its not that.

Jeffro

Reaction score
In that case, I can't help you then... I haven't had to replace my alternator. Are you running an amp or anything that you would need a higher output alternator then? Duralast sure is advertised a lot, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are the best. Autozone will often have pretty good warranties on stuff IMO, so I'd look into what warranty is on any of those, too, if any.

dynasty

Reaction score
Jeffro said:
In that case, I can't help you then... I haven't had to replace my alternator. Are you running an amp or anything that you would need a higher output alternator then? Duralast sure is advertised a lot, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are the best. Autozone will often have pretty good warranties on stuff IMO, so I'd look into what warranty is on any of those, too, if any.

actually they do have good warranty. i had an old Duralast battery which came with a warranty. i brought it in, trade for the Gold Duralast and only paid an extra 15 bucks.

Back