Urgent needs thread/section

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
This doesn't happen consistently, so maybe this is a moot point...but lately I think I've seen more threads started by people asking for guidance/suggestions on an issue that is urgent for them to resolve for whatever reason. i.e. they are stuck on the side of the highway, or they are buying a part today, etc etc.

Right now a thread like this appears in whatever section it's relative to, and "URGENT" is often in the title...but it would be faster if we had a stickied thread or even section all its own for people to post a question for which they need an answer quickly.

The downside to this idea is that people could abuse it the way they do with the "Does it fit?" parts thread, where they don't bother searching before posting their query. But since this thread or section would be for emergency use only, there could be a note in the OP stating that abuse of it will have consequences (whatever the mods think is fair).

Like I said, perhaps this does not happen often enough to call for action, but it's an idea I'm throwing out there.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
we could also just not allow stupid people on the site, a passing thought...

:lawl:

I endorse your suggestion though.

J30MAN

Reaction score
Are you saying it would be set up as a "Urgent Help Shoutbox" type of thread?

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
That's a good suggestion RedRyder. Since it would be a dedicated section, the Urgent post wouldn't get lost amongst the others. It might increase the chance of the right person seeing the Urgent post, and answering the question in a more timely manner, maybe.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Are you saying it would be set up as a "Urgent Help Shoutbox" type of thread?

Not quite. I was thinking of it as a subforum where new threads would be people's urgent requests for answers. If it was a shoutbox, I think it would be less direct and confusing. But really it would be executed however the mods think it would work best.

That's a good suggestion RedRyder. Since it would be a dedicated section, the Urgent post wouldn't get lost amongst the others. It might increase the chance of the right person seeing the Urgent post, and answering the question in a more timely manner, maybe.

That's the idea.

Good job Chris! I definitely back your idea. I wish I would have thought of It first :naughty::booty:

Well we'll see if any of the mods think so. Lol. Thanks though, Matt.

Back