2 problems i need help with

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
problem #1
today i was driving on the freeway, i set my car on cruise control at 75 or so and out of no where my car decides to shut off on me. i press on the gas and my car doesnt accelerate at all. i look at the speedometer, all the needles go down to zero and the odometer is off but the radio is still on. and acouple seconds later the engine turns back on and the speedometer is back on as well. this happened about 3 times on the freeway within 5 minutes and so i decided to unplug my phone charger thats plugged in to cig adapter and then it doesnt happen anymore. is it a coincidence that it might be my charger or is it something else?

problem #2
im lowered on H&R sport springs on OEM shocks and i think about a week ago, all of a sudden, whenever i hit a certain bumps but not all bumps on the road, i hear clunking/claking noise coming from the right passenger side wheel. at first i thought it might be my CAI loosesly hitting against the frame of the car, so i tightened that up, but the noise is still there. i took out the wheel in that area to look if everythings okay and everything seems fine. i check to see if the shock is blown by pushing down on the shock and it doesnt bottom out or anything, it springs back up like normal. could it be my shock is blown? i will record a video so you guys could have a better understanding of the noise.

the damage
IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

Last edited:

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
Problem #1: Could be a problem in wiring/a relay...Have you checked your alternator? Are you having rough starts?

Problem #2: How far can you push down on the suspension? You shouldn't really be able to move it much at all on oem shocks with springs, if I remember right...There is no oil or anything on the shock body?

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
Problem #1: Could be a problem in wiring/a relay...Have you checked your alternator? Are you having rough starts?

Problem #2: How far can you push down on the suspension? You shouldn't really be able to move it much at all on oem shocks with springs, if I remember right...There is no oil or anything on the shock body?

Problem #1 - how would i check the alternator? my car starts perfectly fine with no rough starts at all.

Problem #2 - there is no oil on the shock body or anything. i push down on all 4 corners of my car and they all seem to bounce the same rate on all four and it barely bouces.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Problem #1 - Couldn't that be attributed to the .. what's it called .. the thing that Honda issued a recall for .. ignition ?

EDIT: Check out this thread. I'm 100% sure it's your ignition now that I've read those posts. Take it to Honda to get it checked out.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34021

Problem #2 - I have a clunking sound coming from both driver and passenger fronts, and have had them for about 2 years now. I don't think it's an issue that needs to be immediately addressed, because I took a look at my suspension no more than a couple days ago and everything seems fine. I think a few other members on here have the same issue and it's never been resolved.

Last edited:

Johnson

Reaction score
Problem #1
Might also be the main relay.
Are your battery terminals clean and free of corrosion?
Problem #2
Are the strut tower bolts tight?
Check ball joints, tie-rods, endlinks, bushings and axles.

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
Problem #1 - Couldn't that be attributed to the .. what's it called .. the thing that Honda issued a recall for .. ignition ?

EDIT: Check out this thread. I'm 100% sure it's your ignition now that I've read those posts. Take it to Honda to get it checked out.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34021

Problem #2 - I have a clunking sound coming from both driver and passenger fronts, and have had them for about 2 years now. I don't think it's an issue that needs to be immediately addressed, because I took a look at my suspension no more than a couple days ago and everything seems fine. I think a few other members on here have the same issue and it's never been resolved.

Problem 1 - i think i had my ignition recall serviced already but can i still take it to the dealer and see if they serviced that or anything

Problem #1
Might also be the main relay.
Are your battery terminals clean and free of corrosion?
Problem #2
Are the strut tower bolts tight?
Check ball joints, tie-rods, endlinks, bushings and axles.

i dont thinnk its the main relay since i replaced it with a new one like a year or 2 ago. and there was a little bit of corrosion on my battery terminals but i sanded that out.

i tried to tighten the strut tower bolts but it doesnt seem to be tightening :thinking:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
For number one: http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?p=406144#post406144

And number two: This is sound/experience of a lower ball joint going bad. In addition, you should never lower on stock struts as this will cause them to fail prematurely. It's probably a combination of the two, depending on you driving style, location and maintenance intervals. Hit any large bumps or potholes lately?

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
#1. might be ignition switch. andy had his replaced 3x already, i think. and my accord's on its 2nd replacement.

#2. check your endlinks.

Back