what bout these springs

minituck04

Reaction score
Tanabe Sustec DF210. Spring Rates (F/R): 4.6 / 2.6 Drop Rates (F/R): 2.0 / 1.5. its the perfect drop for me. just want to know your opinions on them good ro bad. cuz my stock tires are toast and they want almost 700 for new ones. so im just gonna buy rims/tires but ill need a drop. so im gonna be ordering this stuff like tomm. or these other ones

h&r race spring
megan springs

Last edited:

jdmaccord6

Reaction score
i dont have any experiance with tanabe springs but i'm sure they are pretty good. I mean look at there exhausts, they are top notch...The other spring you mentioned was h&r springs which I hear are very good. They give just about the same drop as the springs i have on now which are progress group springs. I was searching for the h&r for the longest time and then finally settle on the progress springs. If you do get springs i'd suggest also to get struts soon. I didn't and i am regreting it because i need new struts now badly.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
WOW that's a low drop for just springs.

You'll need a camber kit, aftermarket shocks, and an alignment if you drop beyond 1.5" anywhere. The tanabes are average, nothing to rant about. Like most springs, the technology is about the same, just depends on height.

Which H&R Springs are you refering to? HR Sport has a great drop for day to day driving, and it's designed to work with stock shocks. It's not too low, and it offers a great feel.

The HR Race is is 2.2/1.7 f/r respectively. It's hella agressive, and gives a bit rougher ride.

I never liked megan products. I think they're poorly constructed, and little thoughts were given in their design process. Everyone that had their products ended up reselling it, such as exhaust, coilovers, headers and so on. I'd stay away from megan

minituck04

Reaction score
it would be the H&R race spring. i measured out the wheels to my stock setup and its a 2" that i need. i only drive on smooth *** roads. and the freeways im always on arent all ****ed up. so i dont mind it being a lil stiffer. but ill redo all my measurements and see how the sports would look. thanks for the info

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
Then by all means go for the H&R Race, they are one of the lowest drops. But if you're gonna go for that, make sure you save up some money for shocks, and get them installed at the same time. Snce it's about the same amount of work.

Another great option to look into is getting a set of Omnipower coilovers. For 650, you get great adjustability, new mounts, and better quality than Teins. LoL yes I said it, better than teins ;p

Back