sound/noise

Neight

Reaction score
I am wonderign what you guys think,when my car is stoped at a light, I can hear a vibrating sound, sounds like it comes from the front, or the engine bay, and when my car is moving the vibrating sound stops. What do you guys think it might be ?

dynasty

Reaction score
vibrating sound or clicking sound? everytime i stop and go, it makes that clicking noise on the right side of my engine. people says it's the alternator. but my alternator is fine so i'll wait until it breaks down.

Jeffro

Reaction score
I don't know if its what you're going for or not, but my wife's Odyssey does that because the heat shield over her catalytic convertor is hanging on by 1 of the 4 bolts, or something like that. It only vibrates at real low speeds or idle...

Edit: Oh ya, I think my sisters civic did something similar too when a hanger? or something broke off of her exhaust. Does it sound like an exhaust rattle, or something in the engine bay itself? Exhaust rattle is pretty distinctive I think...

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
does it sound like its coming from the very front of your car? i know my hood latch used to have a deeper sounding vibrating sound sometimes when my car was just stopped idling.

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
if the clicking sound is coming from a black thing on the driver side near the shock tower its normal run on sentence

Neight

Reaction score
well it is not so much of a clicking sound, sounds more like a vibrating thumping sound, like something is loose, and it comes from the front of the car. maybe somewhere along the fire wall, and it goes away while I am driving.

Neight

Reaction score
I think I found out wht is making that noise, my hood is rattling where the latch is.

Neight

Reaction score
so any suggestions about the niose prob? is there a way to adjust the latch? anyone with an older accord have this prob?

Back