installation of ingals camber kit

Snoobly

Reaction score
Hello!
i have just tried to install my ingalls camber kit. is there a trick to removing the bolt out of the control arm chassis connection? the bolt is off center or something. i tried hammering, heating, PB, and cheater bar on the wrench. it turns super slow on one side and doesn't budge on the other. the side that turns doesnt seem to be coming out, just turning. is it safe to just order the bolts and then just cut the old ones off? Any help is greatly appreciated! thanks!!!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If we're talking about the front upper control arms it's just a bolt. Remove it from inside the wheel well, its long, you don't need a socket on the other side to hold the nut, that nut is welded to the chassis.

It's probably never been removed and there for is rusty, just keep at it, it'll come out.

Snoobly

Reaction score
If we're talking about the front upper control arms it's just a bolt. Remove it from inside the wheel well, its long, you don't need a socket on the other side to hold the nut, that nut is welded to the chassis.

It's probably never been removed and there for is rusty, just keep at it, it'll come out.

it's the rear, the arm to adjust the toe. im just going to cut it by the bushing. i already stripped the nut loose. thanks though

Snoobly

Reaction score
I had to cut mine on both sides, because it was very rusty.

did you have to cut the camber one too? the one side is stuck. im just worried when i cut it, i won't beable to get the screw thats still in the nut thats welded to the actual chassis of the car.

turbo_911

Reaction score
Oh wait hold on, it was the endlinks where I cut them off, and another time was where the shock attaches at the bottom so I had to replace that bolt. On the camber I had problem too, and I just soaked them in pb blaster overnight and then they came off easily. That's what winter does for your car.

Back