Hello 04" TL Comptech Rear Sway Bar =o)

99VtecAccord

Reaction score
Yep, finally got a chance to install my CT rear swaybar! I haven't cornered it yet because of the nasty weather, but hopefully I'll get a chance sometime this week.

The installation had its ups and downs. The OEM Endlinks gave me a good battle. They were pretty rusted, which gave me a difficult time getting them off. Also, the HEX on the endlinks stripped as well. So, the only method i could think of to getting them off was to break my endlinks.. and so I did.

I ordered a new set of endlinks from Advanace Auto Parts.. sadly they did not carry them in stock, and had to order them, but they came in the next morning.

Overall... The installation was fairly easy... Anyone who hasn't attempt this upgrade yet, make sure you have an extra set of endlinks because your most likely going to break your OEMs.

Heres some pictures...
IMG_3740.jpg

IMG_3741.jpg

IMG_3742.jpg

IMG_3743.jpg

Stock Rear Swaybar
IMG_3745.jpg

New Endlinks
IMG_3752.jpg

I was hoping to get a Polished CT Swaybar as listed, but received a Gunmetal instead ehh…
IMG_3751.jpg

Installed
IMG_3757.jpg

IMG_3758.jpg

99VtecAccord

Reaction score
I dont know. When i ordered it, the picture listed was a Polished Swaybar.. but when I got it. It was Gunmetal! eh

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
mine is silver too...but my Comptech one is for the 98-02 Accord specifically..is this one larger?..i think mine is 22mm

Jeffro

Reaction score
That looks good! How challenging would you say it was to get it on? I've heard it isn't too bad, but I'm no expert in the sway bar/suspension department... :beer:

And what's the difference between the TL swaybar and the 98-02 upgrade out of curiosity?

Last edited:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
After rims, this is my next mod. I wish they still had TL-S bars for $50, but it's still reasonalble at $100 or so. Plus my endlinks are still in great condition (low miles).

Back