Generic racing seats

theaccordian

Reaction score
Im sick of taking hard turns and sliding into my door, sometimes I have to wrap my arm around my arm rest to prevent from sliding all over the damn place. I want some bucket seats, more for them holding me in place then for bling. so its a functional mod for me. I hate my stock seats no support whatsoever, look bland, and arent really comfartable at all.

Ive been searching on ebay and Im not gonna blow a grand on seats like recaro, bride, and sparco. I found these:

seats_ronin_pvc.jpg

link

ive found these seats for less than $500 for a pair, looks well built, looks supportive, leather, no gaudy logo. right up my alley, what do you guys think? will these be okay or should shell the money for the real thing or get nothing at all?

Last edited:

Jeffro

Reaction score
I think it looks pretty sweet... I don't have leather, so they wouldn't work for me...

I also want to say, that you're going to take a risk if you want to go cheaper... Some cheap stuff will last you forever, but some is not worth the advertisement (e.g. Kia's :rofl: ) I don't know about those seats, but they do look cool. :beer:

Too bad they don't have one advertised with blue stitching, or I might have been on that... lol.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the logo really turns me off on generic seats. i like these...clean and simple. go for it :thumbsup:

Neight

Reaction score
from those pics, I would say yeah as well, i think it looks nice.

DjC

Reaction score
They look nice, but how safe it is is questionable to me. I wouldn't want the back or the bracket attachments snapping off in a major accident.

theaccordian

Reaction score
you make a good point. I have no way of knowing how well theyre constructed or the quality of the materials used.

Also the fact that these are substantially cheaper than quality brands raises the question, are they cheap for a reason?

also in the description they say, "a customer actually installed these in his delorean" really makes me question the knowledge of these guys, who gives a sh*t its a f*cking delorean! :huh:

Last edited:

Jeffro

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
also in the description they say, "a customer actually installed these in his delorean" really makes me question the knowledge of these guys, who gives a sh*t its a f*cking delorean! :huh:

In that case, its "back to the future" we go, then! Keep in mind, you'll never know until you try, either. $500 is still a lot of money to put into something only to find out its crap, though...

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
since we're on the subject, what happens when you put on a wiring harness. won't your seatbelt light stay on forever?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess if you don't mind the look of it, only get one seat for yourself since your really the one that'll benefit the most from it. Then you can spend a lil more. FYI - decide if you want tilt as an option as well. Also get one that's FIA approved if thats important to you.

Back