tyc projections

DarkElegance919

Reaction score
i'm sure we all heard about how the tyc's projections are horrible...i just wanted to know if anyone on here has tried changing the projectors with a better one? i.e. valeo, e46, etc... i have these projectors with 6000k hids but i want the cut-off line because mines looks like this... ~~ something like that.. :D

DarkElegance919

Reaction score
i just bought some ece valeo projectors, and i'm gonna buy some d2s hids and the harness. it's alright to mix a bulb with a different brand ballast right?

jdmaccord6

Reaction score
it shouldn't matter what brand bulb and ballast you have, as long as it's the right bulb they should fire right up

DarkElegance919

Reaction score
has anyone here swapped out the tyc projectors with some valeos? and would it be ok to put the tyc's in the oven as we would our oem headlights? or do we need a heat gun?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
should be ok with either method.

are you sure theyre ece valeo with the clear lens? there are valeos out there that have a fresnel lens but the ece style step. i ask because the genuine ones are very hard to find and go for $150-200.

if anyone would be willing to send me their tycs, id open em, tell you what fits, and retro em. i would do it just to put an end-all to the discussion about what fits? will this? will that? what needs to be done?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I'd imagine you'd need a fairly small projector..I think TYC uses fog lamp projectors anyway.

Last edited:
Back