DIY side markers install

Ofnir107

Reaction score
I went back and looked at my set up. It turns out if you run LED bulbs in the sidemarkers, they'll only blink when you have the park lights on. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the LED not drawing enough power. I just replaced them with the stock 194 bulb and they blinked as you described.

I think I'll leave them this way even though it's not as kool looking with the front LED signals. :lawl:

racerzedge

Reaction score
I went back and looked at my set up. It turns out if you run LED bulbs in the sidemarkers, they'll only blink when you have the park lights on. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the LED not drawing enough power. I just replaced them with the stock 194 bulb and they blinked as you described.

I think I'll leave them this way even though it's not as kool looking with the front LED signals. :lawl:

So that was it. I thought about putting LED bulbs, but it's a good thing I didn't :)

Ofnir107

Reaction score
So that was it. I thought about putting LED bulbs, but it's a good thing I didn't :)

Yeah man, I originally placed LEDs in them because I thought it would be a hassle to pop them out in case a bulb burned out. However, it only took a second to take them out.

racerzedge

Reaction score
Yeah man, I originally placed LEDs in them because I thought it would be a hassle to pop them out in case a bulb burned out. However, it only took a second to take them out.

Plus the illumination from the LEDs look much better than the regular filament type...but I'm glad you figured out the problem.

Back