Rear Rubbing, Rear Sway Bar Quick Fix

BlackestCoupe

Reaction score
Ok guys so I got my new wheels put on. Fronts are fine.
Rears are 18x9.5 et+25 w/225/40 tires.
IMG_20110226_145640.jpg

They rubbed so I rented a fender roller and rolled my fenders very tight to solve the problem right? Wrong.
They only rub when I am in sharp turns now.
They rub when I turn and I feel like I have some harsh body roll, so my question is....
Would a rear sway bar be an easy fix to this problem? I'm no expert, but it sounds like it would.
Looking for some input from people with the TL-s rear sway or the progress rear sway
Thanks guys

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Installing a thicker RSB was one of the absolute best modifications I've ever done. Really helped with body roll and the road racing I do.

Definitely get a thicker one. Eibach makes one. TL-S was the one I purchased and I've only heard great things about the progress one as well.

Installing a thicker RSB and strut bar as well should be high priority on suspension mods.

PS. If you haven't moved back your rear bumper tab then you probably need to do so and that's what it is rubbing on I bet.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
if the rubbing is only in the rear then it's your bumper tab. the location where your rear bumper bolts up to the rear quarter panel.

the fix isnt easy but its not hard either. you remove the screw and drill a new hole further back and then grind away the metal/plastic thats around the old screw location.

here's what my relocated and shaved bumper tab looks like...
0427001514.jpg

BlackestCoupe

Reaction score
Yes my rear bumper tab has already been shaved. I didn't have the balls to go with a 215 tire. I guess I'm gonna try to roll my fenders a little better while I still have the roller.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
off topic and kinda old but where did you rent the roller in GA?

Back