Air in Power Steering

Reaction score
Its been almost a week with this problem, I've completely flushed my power steering fluid, I bought a completely new power steering pump. And frankly I don't know what to do anymore. I have to start going back to class on Monday and i would really rather not have this problem.

I've tried several methods of jacking the car up and turning and accelerating the motor put to no avail.

Anyone have any other ideas?

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Jack the front of your car up.
support with jackstands
put key in ignition, do not start engine
Take off resvour cap
Turn steering wheel from side to side until the bubble comes out.

Hope this helps!

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
Had this problem for a while, replaced my pump as well since it was cheap and put in new fluid still had that annoying PS trapped air sound so flushed it a little more to get it cleaner but the biggest thing was letting it run with no cap on for like 15min, turning the steering wheel from lock to lock in the begining and then just leaving it to idle with no cap on the resevoir.

Reaction score
Had this problem for a while, replaced my pump as well since it was cheap and put in new fluid still had that annoying PS trapped air sound so flushed it a little more to get it cleaner but the biggest thing was letting it run with no cap on for like 15min, turning the steering wheel from lock to lock in the begining and then just leaving it to idle with no cap on the resevoir.

Yeah I've done this as well, problem still persists.

At this point I'm almost certain its an o-ring that resides on the little elbow connecting the power steering pump with the reservoir outlet line. I'm gonna see if i can go find the part number and get one at my local Honda dealership.

Edit: And I guess its my fault for not explaining better, that my problem wasn't so much air in my power steering but air getting into my power steering.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
HondaLuver83 said:
Most likely an o ring, i shoukd have mentioned that instead

I think this is the problem with my 01 TL.

I have a small leak in the return line too. Maybe that's what's causing the air to get in too...

I always have air bubbles in the reservoir no matter how many times I've bled the system.

I'm gonna try and replace the hose and o ring first before I go into replacing the expensive pump.

Reaction score
Yep it was the O-ring. I took the elbow off from the power steering pump and where i remember putting the old O-ring on, there was nothing. I'm assuming it must've disintegrated or something.

Bought a new one from Honda (91345-RDA-A01). Car's up and running great again :thumbsup:

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Flying Booyaka said:
Yep it was the O-ring. I took the elbow off from the power steering pump and where i remember putting the old O-ring on, there was nothing. I'm assuming it must've disintegrated or something.

Bought a new one from Honda (91345-RDA-A01). Car's up and running great again :thumbsup:

Good to know! I'm gonna go pick up an o-ring at the dealer tomorrow too

Back