1.5-6ohm problem

mmafiak

Reaction score
well i've started a different system again, i have a 1,000 watt alpine mrd-m1005 mono block amp pushing 2x15" jl audio w-6's, my problem is the subs are dvc 6 ohm so when running my wires i have to run either 6ohm or 1.5ohm to amp,1.5ohm by taking the coil's + to + and - to - making 3 ohm per sub then paralleling to amp which make 1.5ohm to amp, or to make 6ohm i have to take my pos. and neg. speaker wire's coming into the box, pos. to coil#1 and neg. to coil#2 and jumping neg. from coil#1 to pos. coil#2 making 12ohm per sub and paralleling subs together to amp making 6ohm to amp, my question is my amp is 2-4ohm stable so either way im not pushing the right ohm's, anyone on here know any idea's to were im not pising off the amp and running everything kopastetic?

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
There's not a whole lot you can do, the impedence is what it is.

yup. running at 6 ohms wouldn't hurt the amp at all, you just wouldn't be getting nearly as much power as you could be getting.

if you've got some extra cash, you should just look into upgrading your amp to something that is 1 ohm stable, and try and sell your current amp to get some cash back.

w/ the forum discount, ed's nine.1 is only $315. 1200wrms rated @ 1ohm, real-world is more around 1500wrms.

other amps I'd look at that are good & affordable would be Jbl, rf, kicker, mtx.

Stunna1

Reaction score
thats why with jl subs you kind of are forced to roll with a jl amp...not the only ones that can do it but they are stable 1.5-4ohm...sell your amp now and just get a 1000/1, will blow your mind :thumbsup:

Back