Transaxle/ CV Joint....

Browntown

Reaction score
Hey guys.... I think my CV Joints are going out on me. Every time I make a turn while accelerating there's a clicking type noise from the front. I've been told they're around $50-80 (rebuilt). Is that correct? Where can I find one and how hard is it to repair? Thanks.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
$50 - $60 sounds abt right for an autozone axle.... lifetime warranty too

repairs would be fairly easy if u have done brake and suspension work.. only thing tht's difficult is the axle nut, which is a b*tch to get off

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
it's not worth it to just replace the CV joint and boot... too much hassle, and it's not tht much more expensive to replace the whole thing

retroshark

Reaction score
i happen to have a driveers side auto CV axle for sale. has 55000 on it, never made any noises and is in great condition. i just want 50 for it, they go for like 100+ because they are twice teh size of the passenger side ones.

BXR4T

Reaction score
I know this is a super old thread, but it would be nice to get some clarification. The dealership said that it was cheaper to purchase the whole axle and not just the CV boot. Would this "whole axle" include the transaxle?
Reason why I am asking is because it is leaking again, and if it was replaced at the same time, it will be under warranty. Any help would be appreciated!

Chris Vu

Reaction score
I know this is a super old thread, but it would be nice to get some clarification. The dealership said that it was cheaper to purchase the whole axle and not just the CV boot. Would this "whole axle" include the transaxle?
Reason why I am asking is because it is leaking again, and if it was replaced at the same time, it will be under warranty. Any help would be appreciated!

Just purchase the "whole axle" and no, it does not include a transaxle .. Autozone supplies rebuilt axles with lifetime warranty. Great for slammed folk who go through them like PEZ.

jdmcg3

Reaction score

imo i wouldnt buy an axle through the stealership. way to pricey. just go to autozone or o'reillys.

Back