bench bleed clutch master?

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
Hey guys I had to put a new masters clutch cylinder in cause my old one which was new was leaking..now I was in a rush doing this so I replaced it but I never bench bleed the masters.. so I was wondering do I have to bench bleed the masters? Or can I jus bleed the slave... its damn pain in the azz to get the pin and line in the masters but if I have to bench bleed so be it...trying to find an easy way out..I didn't have time to bleed the slave kuz my school had to close so I had to drive with no clutch..so help me out guys trying to do dis in the morning so I can get to work

SxyRed6gen

Reaction score
. <- See that? That's a period, and this is a coherent sentence that's easily read and understood. I'd like to help but you're going to have to ask the question without rambling on and on aimlessly.

Asian Invasion

Reaction score
I have changed these before with out bench bleeding. It just takes longer to bleed them out this way.

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
. <- See that? That's a period, and this is a coherent sentence that's easily read and understood. I'd like to help but you're going to have to ask the question without rambling on and on aimlessly.

Ok...its that hard to understand? When someone is trying to explain what they did and might need to do

SxyRed6gen

Reaction score
Yes, I had to re-read it 4 times to understand what you were asking. In any case, its easy enough to bleed the system yourself. Just make absolutely sure you didnt lose or misplace the small o ring that goes between your master and the clutch line. Otherwise it will continue to leak and frustrate you immensely.
Heres my procedure:
-Place an 8mm box end wrench over the clutch bleed screw and verify its closed. Leave the wrench in place here
-Attach a good length hose over the nipple of the bleed screw and make sure it fits snug
-Cut a small container in half (I use a 16oz water bottle) and place the free end of the hose in the container
-Fill the container with brake fluid enough to completely submerge the opening of the hose
-Fill the master reservoir with brake fluid, and make sure it has fluid while you work the clutch pedal
-Start pumping the clutch pedal by hand (You will have NO pressure whatsoever in the pedal at this point)
-Pump the pedal a few times and leave it in the down position. Go to the slave, and while making sure the hose remains submerged, SLIGHTLY open and close the bleed screw using the wrench. Repeat as necessary
*You'll want to make sure the hose remains submerged and you dont open the bleed screw too far or you'll let air seep back into the line and be working on this for a long time and eventually want to hurt someone. Ask me how I know
-Keep at this and you'll eventually build enough pressure that the pedal will return to the up position on its own

Ive done this many times on a few Hondas and it works w/o fail. If you have a friend available to help it'll go even faster. The biggest problem people run into is trying to bleed the slave w/o having the hose submerged.
To give you an idea: I did this procedure w/o the hose submerged and got no where for 45min. I figured Id submerge the hose and hope for the best, and wouldn't you know it, 10 min later doing the same procedure and I was out driving again. Good luck

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
oh i did it before to the slave without a tube... i took the masters out and use a glove and my fingers to bleed it..put it back on now i bled the slave still aint getting no clutch...shyt got no access to a hose or tube

SxyRed6gen

Reaction score
I usually pull a vacuum line from under the hood to use for bleeding. Its not ideal but it gets the job done

Back