read if you have stock hu and subs

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, you can run it to anything that turns on when you turn the car on. but if you really must run it to the radio. the guy that had my car before me, was obviously into car audio, which is why he left the pioneer 6x9 3 ways in the rear, but i saw a splice on this yellow wire for the headunit. so im gonna guess its a yellow wire? haha. idk for sure tho.

wg2k7

Reaction score
well right now i have it wired into the acc relay fuse on the drivers side, and sometimes itll work and sometimes it wont...does the wattage of the fuse matter? most of them are 7.5 but some are 10 and some are 15, would it help or hurt to wire it to a 10 or 15 (its at a 7.5 right now). i know the problem is the remote wire, but cant figure out why.

wg2k7

Reaction score
im not gunna wire into anything like that because once i get my hu (hopefully just after xmas) and it should have a place for the remote wire on it so this is just temporary.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
you don't need a big fuse on that little *** 18ga wire or whatever size you're using.

fuses also have to protect the wire itself, so it doesn't catch on fire....

edit: that is if you are splicing into a higher current line. if you splice into anything behind the dash you'll be fine. and +1 for just splicing into the ignition switch

wg2k7

Reaction score
like i said before, theres no reason for me to splice into any wires because this will only be in place for about a month, and i already miss not having bass.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
id say either wait a month, or just hook it up to a better fuse. when you fuse tapped it, did you check which side of the fuse does and doesnt get power when the cars off?

Back