when changing out your clutch...

robtoe

Reaction score
Im looking to purchase a new clutch and am looking at the centerforce dual friction clutch, it comes with the pressure plate and disc only, Am i also going to be needing to change the throwout bearing as well?

SxyRed6gen

Reaction score
Yes. The question is: why wouldn't you? It'll be a much bigger hassle to do it later on down the line instead of now while everything is opened up. I've always used oem honda replacements because I've seen some aftermarket ones start making noise soon after they're installed. Is this a DIY or are you taking it to a shop?

dcmystery21

Reaction score
agreed. make sure the pilot bearing feels smooth as well. there is no point in having to replace is halfway through your clutch's life.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
if your buying a the CC clutch kit..then it should come with the throw out bearing and alignment tool.
but ya i replaced my stock with a SPEC stage3 and its the crappiest clutch ever.changed my throw out bearing twice and just got the squealing sound back month ago.Need yet another throw out bearing..ugh..ACT clutck kit here i come.

robtoe

Reaction score
would i need to get a flywheel as well or would i just be able to resurface it on my own?

Back