Tein Springs?

SpEeD LuNaTiKz

Reaction score
Hey I was wonder if any of you guys have 17s on your car and if you have lower how much did you cause i have 17s with kuhmo asx tires and i want to get some springs but im not sure if the tein s types will lower it to much and cause the tires to rub or bottom out when people sit in the back thanks

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i have 17's, with a 50 series sidewall. i have always used coilovers tho, but even with the back full of people on the drop pictured below, i never rubbed full of people.

07EDIT.jpg

meatrutgers01.jpg

SpEeD LuNaTiKz

Reaction score
k thanks yea i was just making sure before i spend the money and then they wont work but yea that makes me feel good that even with people in the back it wont rub how much stiffer is the s type compared with the stock spring? thanks for all the info

Phil47906

Reaction score
Well, rubbing will depend on the offset and tire size of your rims. If you have skinny tires, you'll be fine or if your wheels have an offset greater than 45 you'll be ok no matter the drop (1.3"-3.0").

The most common spot where 6gs scrub is the rear bumper bolt area (I can't be more precise) in the wheel well. & don't forget, you can always get your guards rolled as well (make sure they heat the paint during the process).

DaAccord98

Reaction score
just wonderin wat the heck is the difference between coilovers and lowerin springs this is always confusin me ppl help me out here....i need 2 kno cuz i wanna drop my car either 1.5front 1.2 rear or 1.8 front 1.5rear holla at me info thnks

Yogi

Reaction score
DaAccord98 said:
just wonderin wat the heck is the difference between coilovers and lowerin springs this is always confusin me ppl help me out here....i need 2 kno cuz i wanna drop my car either 1.5front 1.2 rear or 1.8 front 1.5rear holla at me info thnks

Coilover sleeves which work like springs cause they can go on any shock set up there adjustable but a little rough and bouncy cause of a more compact size
Skunk2%20Suspension.jpg

coilover systems
Usually pre assembled its basicly a shock/strut made for the coilsprings and it adjusts to the height you want it at. real stiff ride too.... basicly its replacing your stock shocks & springs somtimes the top mount
19_1_sbl.JPG

springs:
rearsprings-bg.jpg

basicly springs replace your stock springs DUH hehe, there just a modified version of your stock springs either reduced coils or a whole diffrent design.. non adjustable height... drop height usually shown on the box

Last edited:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
The main thing, coilovers are adjustable. Sleve type usually don't have a good ride, pretty much like a mismatched spring/shock combo but then you lower it more than a good spring/shock combo which makes it very stiff. Regular coilovers may have a good ride, depending on the brand, but are useally optimal for performance. Springs, they can be comfortable or worse than the above, you have to know what you are looking for. You sometimes can get away with stock shocks, usually not.

Back