6 gears > 4 [6spd + 3.2 swap]...completed.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
* I am keeping this thread updated. *

Last updated 12/18/13

Hey 6GA. As a few of you know, I have been gathering parts for the 6spd swap and with spring finally here, the time has come! I do not have the tools, garage, or a 2nd car to do this work, and I do not have confidence in the options I've looked into around where I live to do it right the first time. So I will be driving to Chicago to let the man who started it all, work his magic - Rich will be doing the heavy lifting, and I'll help where I can.

The VERY cool thing about going to Rich for my swap is that he has wanted to make a thorough 6spd swap write-up for awhile now, using a "virgin" car. Rich gets questions constantly, and the guide we will be making will serve all those who plan to swap in the future. So I volunteered and hopefully our documention will be a great resource for all future swaps. Of course the best part is, my car will be in the hands of a pro. :D

Needless to say, I am very excited! I feel like I have the clean/simple 6GA elements down...the car just needs performance. :lawl: And after all the reading I've done, I am very eager to feel what has been said, over and over again, to be a significant difference. Best of all, this car will become much closer to being what I want it to be. Be gone, POS auto! You will no longer haunt me. :whip_001:

Parts will be coming in over the next couple weeks, and the swap will be performed at the end of the month. Since I recently bought a smartphone, I will be updating this thread while I'm in Chicago...and of course, before then. Like riiiiiight now...here's some photos.

*PHOTOS MOVED - Please see below.

DONOR TRANS/MOTOR INFO:
******Car was at 132,625 miles when the J30 and auto tranny were removed. 6MT tranny had 38,000 miles when it was put in. 6MT is out of a 2006 Accord 6/6. J32a2 motor had 38,500 miles when it was put in. 3.2 is out of a 2001 Acura CL Type-S.******

Thanks for reading/looking. More to come. :)

PS - Special thanks to Rich, Eric (changaroo), Tom (ComptechV6), RJ (TheHunter), Matt (allGOnoSHOW), and Paul for all your help!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PHOTOS: (will be adding)

Parts (pre swap):

7G AV6 6spd tranny
1031001500.jpg

Exedy Clutch Kit
DSC02410.jpg

CL Type-S shifter cables
DSC02408.jpg

Progress (post swap):

2011-12-10_16-30-59_209.jpg

Finished (day of swap completion):

2011-10-23_18-19-02_495.jpg

2011-06-02_18-44-35_556.jpg

2011-06-02_18-45-36_512.jpg

Last edited:

Accord_J30A

Reaction score
Re: 6 > 4

Awesome! Always love to see another 6spd swap. Good luck with everything Chris!

Mikey

Reaction score
Re: 6 > 4

Winning! This will bring your car that much closer to perfection. IMO, of course.

Is your auto showing signs of going now or are you just wanting to finally get the 6spd in there?

Back