Transmission Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhmasters

Reaction score
So i bought a 1998 accord lx 4 cylinder and did a transmission flush and treatment. The slips on a cold morning and pop sound when i change from drive to any other gear still happened for a while ( approx. 8 months) And just today ive had high rpms and slow accelerations and now the slips were bad and the check egine light came on had to tow it. I checked to see how the transmission oil is its ok. I need a new transmission but i was just think of doing a conversion to 5 speed since the transmissions are cheaper. Anybody done this before?? how hard is it?? harness issues??

SykVSyx

Reaction score
So i bought a 1998 accord lx 4 cylinder and did a transmission flush and treatment. The slips on a cold morning and pop sound when i change from drive to any other gear still happened for a while ( approx. 8 months) And just today ive had high rpms and slow accelerations and now the slips were bad and the check egine light came on had to tow it. I checked to see how the transmission oil is its ok. I need a new transmission but i was just think of doing a conversion to 5 speed since the transmissions are cheaper. Anybody done this before?? how hard is it?? harness issues??

story.jpg

wil-smith-serious-face.jpg

obamaseriousface.jpg

guyanese-people14.jpg

serious.jpg

makdaddy

Reaction score
LOL SykVSyx is that last picture a picture of your kid? Cuz that one scared me.

Rhmaster, do some quick searching around here and I think you will find more then enough info on the swap.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
LOL SykVSyx is that last picture a picture of your kid? Cuz that one scared me.

Rhmaster, do some quick searching around here and I think you will find more then enough info on the swap.

No, no my child....lol....unless I adopted. :lawl:

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
So;alsd;lkajdsflkjasl;fj blah blahb lkajsflkadj ... I need a new transmission but i was just think of doing a conversion to 5 speed since the transmissions are cheaper. Anybody done this before?? how hard is it?? harness issues??
me-gusta.png

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
wait.......we can swap from auto to manual?

don't you need to be like a honda technician or an ASCE mechanic to do it?

Dollabill2k7

Reaction score
Yea my brain hurts just thinking of how infuriating and diffiuclt tht would be to do the right way. Just stick with another 4 speed auto and save yourself the depression caused by destroying your car.

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
This thread just made blood shoot out of my eyes...
OP please just take about 1 minute to search, you will be amazed how many people have done this.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
This thread just made blood shoot out of my eyes...
OP please just take about 1 minute to search, you will be amazed how many people have done this.

i think one guy pulled it off... i hear its real difficult and even he has had trouble with it after the swap...

:lawl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back