Another Auto Transmission Gone

jasonjs

Reaction score
well my tranny on my 98 accord is starting to crap out and im thinking of doin a 5sp swap AND YES I USED THE SEARCH ON HERE AND READ IT COULD BE DONE ...what im asking is is there any one in SOCAL that might be able to do it for me ..and is it really worth it? or should i just replace the automatic tranny and sell the car?

jasonjs

Reaction score
yeah if i could find some one to do it i might go for it .. but if i dont im just gonna replace it with a auto trany and just sell it

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Good luck with that. If by somone you mean like a friend of your's then maybe you could, but you'll "almost" never find a shop that will do it for you unless you know the manager/high position techs. I only had 1 shop in my area agree to do it for me and they quoted me $3200, and thats on top of buying the new tranny and parts they would need.

5-speed swap is definatly a do-it-yourselfer

jasonjs

Reaction score
Good luck with that. If by somone you mean like a friend of your's then maybe you could, but you'll "almost" never find a shop that will do it for you unless you know the manager/high position techs. I only had 1 shop in my area agree to do it for me and they quoted me $3200, and thats on top of buying the new tranny and parts they would need.

5-speed swap is definatly a do-it-yourselfer

hopefully theres some one from socal on here willing to do it ..

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Lol what? $3200 for a 5spd swap? Maybe back in the mid west and east coast. You live in SoCal man. This is where all the swaps are. Hit up elitejdm1, ogliquidmetal or the hunter. They all did their 4 and 6cyl swaps in SoCal. Ogliquidmetal paid about $1500-1700 for a 5spd swap. And he loves it.

jasonjs

Reaction score
Lol what? $3200 for a 5spd swap? Maybe back in the mid west and east coast. You live in SoCal man. This is where all the swaps are. Hit up elitejdm1, ogliquidmetal or the hunter. They all did their 4 and 6cyl swaps in SoCal. Ogliquidmetal paid about $1500-1700 for a 5spd swap. And he loves it.

thanks ill hit up all off them .. and at that price it aint bad at all but like i said hopefully ill find some one willing to do it

Back