Brake lamp?

4door accord02

Reaction score
:madrun:
so i recently installed 2 led rear turn signal lights in amber and along with them 2 load ressitors one for each side and led flasher... and my brake lamplight still stays on permanently.. I checked to see if maybe the load ressitors were installed wrong by error but noticed that they were both warm so they had to be wired correctly...

Does anyone know why this brake lamp light stays on???:boohoo:

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
Re: Break lamp?

led's use less power so the car thinks it's blown. so...that's why you have resistors to trick the car. if those don't work it might set off that light. did you check any other bulbs?

i have almost all LED's on my car and i don't have the light on. not sure.

by the way it's BRAKE lol

4door accord02

Reaction score
led's use less power so the car thinks it's blown. so...that's why you have resistors to trick the car. if those don't work it might set off that light. did you check any other bulbs?

i have almost all LED's on my car and i don't have the light on. not sure.

by the way it's BRAKE lol

hahhaha..just been up to long..hahaha

all my other lights work fine??? could it be the load ressitors that i bought from superbright leds.com?

knighthawk1104

Reaction score

could be. i don't know the numbers but maybe you can test them to see if they're dropping the correct load to the resistors.

paypalbid

Reaction score

do i need a 24v ressitor, ill check up my receipts to see which one i bought..thanks

Well, each of the bulb draws 12V. Anytime you put led bulb that draws anything less than 12V will trigger the computer to think the bulb is burned out. So I would say 12V resistor at least per oirginal bulb

knighthawk1104

Reaction score

Well, each of the bulb draws 12V. Anytime you put led bulb that draws anything less than 12V will trigger the computer to think the bulb is burned out. So I would say 12V resistor at least per oirginal bulb

he already said he has two load resistors for each.:(

4door accord02

Reaction score

could it be that i was supposed to wire these on the turn signal wires not the brake lights wires..The diagram that came with my load ressitors clearly showed the them hooking up to a 3 wire harness..

I was a little confused at this point because my turn signal lights conssist of a 2 wire harness with a black and green wire??:madrun:

Asian Invasion

Reaction score

Okay think about what you are saying..... Led T U R N signals.... What do turn signals have to do B R A K E lights? Use something or someone to hold in your brake pedal and check your brake lights.

Back