oil inside distribution cup on 99 V6.

Ratchet

Reaction score
just got a 99 v6. i did an engine tune up. as i unbolted the old distribution cap, i noticed engine old on it... its coming from the seal of the disttributor shaft. need some input on how to deal with the leaking oil.. is the seal replaceable or i need a complete distributor. thanks alot.

redlinevtec

Reaction score
just got a 99 v6. i did an engine tune up. as i unbolted the old distribution cap, i noticed engine old on it... its coming from the seal of the disttributor shaft. need some input on how to deal with the leaking oil.. is the seal replaceable or i need a complete distributor. thanks alot.

As far as I know on the 4 cyl accords, the o-ring
Is replacable. So it should also apply to the v6.

makdaddy

Reaction score
Yeah its an O-ring. Get it from the dealer. That part is known to leak oil all the time.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Sorry but the o-ring is not replacable, u must buy the whole unit itself.

Atleast the 5th gen is like that

Ratchet

Reaction score
thanks for all your promt replies. i'll try doing the o-ring first. if it doesnt work, then i'll get the whole sssembly. my worry is the oil might get to the contact point and mess up the timing.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Sorry but the o-ring is not replacable, u must buy the whole unit itself.

Atleast the 5th gen is like that
why did you even bother posting? :rolleyes:

one post already said it's replaceable on the V6, and i bet you didn't even look it up.

part #5 http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...ry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=DISTRIBUTOR+(HITACHI)+(V6)

it was a breeze to do on the 4 cylinder...just make sure you mark the bolt holes of the distributor itself relative to the engine block so it's lined up where it was beforehand.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
If there's oil in your dist cap than it's most likely the small seal that's bad inside the the dizzy itself.

Back