A/C issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njzninja

Reaction score
I have a 2001 accord coupe exl and my a/c isn't working when I turn the a/c on the compressor kicks in then shuts off and blows hot air. I just bought the car. Just need some opinions.

Cord_Sleeps

Reaction score
Those are symtoms to refill frein gas for the A/C system......you could diy or take it to the dealer..diy by goin to ur local auto parts shop and pikin a diy refill kit...its on you realli....

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Professional if u never done it. its more complicated than u think. You probably have a clogged reciever dryer. Turn the ac on again and feel if one of the pipes gets cold.

The compressor wont turn on unless there is freon in the system

U can go and get a diy kit but u will most likely overfill if u dont know how much to fill. And that will destroy ur compressor

jcollins6

Reaction score
Those are symtoms to refill frein gas for the A/C system......you could diy or take it to the dealer..diy by goin to ur local auto parts shop and pikin a diy refill kit...its on you realli....

:thinking:
Was spelling ever a strong point, or a point at all?:slap:

accord786

Reaction score
i have a issue to if sumone can help ...mines a 01 ex and whn i turn it on after a while like 45 mins later car heats up and engine feels heavier like i press the gas pedal and it barely drives

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Take it to a professional. I highly don't recommend a DIY for this.

i have a issue to if sumone can help ...mines a 01 ex and whn i turn it on after a while like 45 mins later car heats up and engine feels heavier like i press the gas pedal and it barely drives

If your autotragic, that's just something you have to get use to. Mine use to be like that. I replaced everything and it went away. No matter what though, your car will always feel sluggish with the A/C on.

Njzninja

Reaction score
Professional if u never done it. its more complicated than u think. You probably have a clogged reciever dryer. Turn the ac on again and feel if one of the pipes gets cold.

The compressor wont turn on unless there is freon in the system

U can go and get a diy kit but u will most likely overfill if u dont know how much to fill. And that will destroy ur compressor

thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back