Help! with the horn and car alarm

DDanilov

Reaction score
I have no idea what my parents have done to my accord, so i dont know what the real problem with it,

first thing is i notice that my horn is not honking,
second is when i lock my car, i cant hear any sounds, (hopefully u know what i mean).

I've been driving the car without any horn nor the sounds when im locking it.
and its really hard coz, first, i cant HONK! my horn to all the sucky driver out there. second, is that ALARM is impotant since my car is semi modified.

ive been trying to search some solution. so far i found out that
It can be a fuse [w/c im not sure](but the thing is, i tried to look for the horn fuse under the hood, also, in driver and passenger side. hoping that it can help me to solve the problem. but i cant even freaking find the horn fuse and all found is the "HORN RELAY" under the hood.

so this is my problem for like 3 days, i know i can bring this to the dealer but i dont want to spend hundreds of dollar just for the labour and parts of it, when u can do it yourself right?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Check the connections on the horn itself. If those are fine....replace the relay. Pretty sure the fuse for the horn is on the passenger side door fuse panel. Check that too.

Simple really.

nsjames

Reaction score
90% of horn problems are connections at the horn itself. Check those, especially it's ground connection, clean them and try the horn again. If it still doesn't work put a meter to the wires. If it get's voltage when you hit the horn button it's the horn itself that has failed. If no voltage start troubleshooting the relay and the fuse. If those look good then it's probably something in the clockspring mechanism in the steering wheel/column.

Jyos

Reaction score
Actually, I had this exact same problem before.. Turns out my horn relay wasn't seated properly, actually it was out completely. You might just have to replace yours..

Back