uh... hood problem

kwak123

Teehee
Reaction score
when driving, my hood latch randomly undoes it self... now i know it wont fully release without going to the hood and pullign the release latch, but... i'd rather not run that risk.. any idears?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
You will probably need to make some adjustments of the hood latch, last thing you want is for the hood to fly back when you're on the highway.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Is it an OEM hood? Have you checked the spring on the mechanism bolted to the frame? Does the hood shut normally when the car is parked?

kwak123

Teehee
Reaction score
You will probably need to make some adjustments of the hood latch, last thing you want is for the hood to fly back when you're on the highway.

LOL noticed that it unlocked on the highway actually ,when it started shaking

yeah hood shuts normally, checked the spring and it works fine. ito nly releases to the point of unlocking, like when you pull the hood latch inside teh car? but the actual lock stays in place.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
As RR suggested, I would check that, cause it sounds like the spring/latch is weak if it is unlatching at highway speed.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

x2. this is a serious problem and it happened to me hence the reason why I disapproved the two post above with a facepalm smiley. If only I can give neg rep I would... :lawl:

Back