Power Steering Question???

Kuler2.0

Reaction score
About a week ago my power steering pump crapped out on me. I went to Autozone and grabbed a new one and installed it. It was fixed and all was fine. Then, about 3 days later the belt snapped off. I drove it around for a couple days with no belt and have decided that I actually prefer to not have power steering. The car is a lot more stalbe and I like feeling the responsiveness it gives me. So I pulled the pulley off the pump and left it alone (keeping all of the fluid in the system and the reservoir is at the correct height.) Could this potentially blow out my rack and/or break any other componenets. I did the same thing years ago to a 2nd Gen Camry and all was fine for the couple of months I had it (tranny blew up). Please let me know if you have any insight or better yet, have tried the same thing.
Thanks

kwak123

Teehee
Reaction score
not to sure mate, but... just saying, they dont build thoes steering wheels like they used to. with the advent of power steering came the disappearance of high-strength steering wheels and columns designed to withstand that kinda torque needed... but who knows

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
3....or 4 years here with no power steering.

all is well, no steering, tranny or any other issues

Back