Brake Issue

jwong512

Reaction score
So I guess this fits under urgent as I need to replace my brakes as soon as possible. I was planning on doing the Prelude rotor upgrade with the V6 calipers that I bought from a member who I will not name. So I took it to a shop today and they were trying to install it when the mechanic points out that the bottom bolt of my caliper doesn't match my OEM one. He said the bolt slides into the bracket perfectly fine but can't clear the hole on the caliper. Since that was the case, I knew I bought the proper bracket for the V6 caliper but the caliper itself was not the V6 one. Since this was the case, I was wondering how would I go about finding out which caliper this one actually is?

Thanks!

jwong512

Reaction score
Hmm, what marks are we talking about? Like serial numbers? I think there was a serial number on it and I'll look for it tomorrow when I get the chance but besides that, it honestly looked like a normal OEM caliper.

If these are the Prelude or Integra calipers, I would just have to switch out the brackets and get new bolts right? Would I have to get a new front brake pad or would the V6 Accord ones still fit?

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I don't want to tell you wrong info. I don't know. Post pics or have a socal member come over and look

jwong512

Reaction score
So the bottom bolt is to short?

The hole on the bottom part of the caliper is too small and can't fit the bolt through it. The mechanic said when he tried putting the bolt through the bracket itself, it fit. But when he tried putting it through the caliper it couldn't fit.

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
probably wrong caliper. i remember when i was doing my 4lug to 5lug conversion, one side was missing a caliper bolt but the one from my stock caliper fit fine.
my stock is a 4lug i4 with drums, now 5lug v6 discs all around.
also those caliper bolts are pretty specific and im pretty sure autozone wont carry them. you would either have to get them from the junkyard or the dealer.
go to Honda/Acura Palace.. this is where i got all my parts from.

Honda Acura Palace
1848 East 55th Street Vernon, CA 90058-3837 - (323) 357-9999

jwong512

Reaction score
probably wrong caliper. i remember when i was doing my 4lug to 5lug conversion, one side was missing a caliper bolt but the one from my stock caliper fit fine.
my stock is a 4lug i4 with drums, now 5lug v6 discs all around.
also those caliper bolts are pretty specific and im pretty sure autozone wont carry them. you would either have to get them from the junkyard or the dealer.
go to Honda/Acura Palace.. this is where i got all my parts from.

Honda Acura Palace
1848 East 55th Street Vernon, CA 90058-3837 - (323) 357-9999

Yeah I'm planning on doing that. The only problem though is that I'm not even sure what bolt to get. The stock one fits into the V6 bracket I picked up but not into the caliper so I'm unsure of what caliper it is. If I'm unsure of what caliper it is, then I'm not even sure if the brake pads I got would fit and that would be too dangerous. I tried running the serial numbers online but nothing came up.

Edit: Alright, I need to get rid of these calipers first. I've decided that I want to just do the Legend Caliper swap. I was looking up the cost of a caliper on Curry Acura and they were around $80 each and I'll just use the V6 brackets that I had originally bought for the swap.

Last edited:

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
try that junkyard if you're in the area. he takes trades for discounts. he's also very knowledgeable so he might be able to tell you what type of calipers you got.
i traded him my complete 4 lug spindles, drums and like $150 for the complete 5 lug swap. saved me the time and hassle of having to find a place to get rid of them too.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Good luck with the legend caliper swap. Chris would never intentionally sell you something that wasn't right and what he described.

Back