• Idea #1

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Idea #2

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spyder

Reaction score
I'm gonna hook up an old 12" Sony X-plod to an old X-plod amp I have sitting in my garage. I have bought everything I need to make a fiberglass enclosure and am battling 2 ideas in my head. This is for a sedan btw.

Idea #1. Hook the enclosure onto the folding down back seat and have the sub firing towards the trunk. The enclosure would be the diamond shape that you see through when you unlock the seat and fold it down. I would hook it in a way that I could still fold down the seat. Even though I really would have no need to.

Idea #2. Enclosure in the rear drivers side. Been done a million times.

Now I'm leaning more towards idea #1 because I haven't seen anything like it done. Also I do not plan on adding another sub. I plan on replacing it with an Elemental Designs 13ov.2 or 3. And replacing the amp with an eD amp. I just want to build something and the dimensions of my sub are damn close to the dimensions of the eD sub with the flush ring for the x-plod being .125 bigger. I've already clarified with Alex @ eD that this will not be a problem. So the gap will be minimal or almost nonexistant. My flushmount ring I made barely fits around the sub so my clearances will be good. I jsut need to make sure I paint the ring.

I've already made the ring and hopefully will be working more on this project this weekend. BTW- My fleece is King Kong fleece. My daughter loves it. :afro:

Edit-Dammit I forgot to add a poll.

Jeffro

Reaction score
#1 FTW. I like new ideas, and I'd love to see it done...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
wait, the enclosure would be attached to the seat back??? i cant visualize what youre getting at...any sketches or drawings? im lost :confused:

Spyder

Reaction score
ryan s said:
wait, the enclosure would be attached to the seat back??? i cant visualize what youre getting at...any sketches or drawings? im lost :confused:
enclosure.jpg

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
aaaaaahhhh, ok...thats what i had in my head the more i thought of it. i say go for it...something different :thumbsup:

paint ftw!!

angelplus

Reaction score
Thats sweet, but what happens when someone wants to sit back there? lol Though I love the idea, would be hawt

wg2k7

Reaction score
since ed is a vendor here we should ask them to make a custom enclosure for 6th gens. they already make custom boxs, we should get them to make something to fit perfectly in the trunk.

Spyder

Reaction score
angelplus said:
Thats sweet, but what happens when someone wants to sit back there? lol Though I love the idea, would be hawt
Wouldn't affect rear seating in anyway at all. It will hook onto the metal frame on the back of the seat. I may even anchor it to the arm rest hole too.
DSC00151.JPG

Under that dark charcoal carpet there's a metal frame the carpet attaches too. That's what the enclosure would attach too.
Besides I rarely listen to music when my daughter's in the car. And if I do it's rarely turned up. Don't want to blast her almost 3 year old ears into oblivian. :peace:

Last edited:
Back