Rear caliper will not go back on (fixed 5/13/11)

BKLYN ACCORD

Reaction score
well to sum it all up . i replaced all rotors and break pads except the rear driver
side. my problem is that i cannot get the caliper back in. it's so tight will not go in. if i try to force it in then the rotor wont spin. i dialed the piston all the way back so don't know what the hell is going on. the rear pass side gave me no problem nor the front . just this pain in the *** rear driver side. any thoughts to what it could be.

:boohoo:

00 accord ex coupe

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Re: Rear caliper will not go back on

I don't mean to test your intelligence but are the original shims still inside the caliper somehow? Or are the shims you have on the pads larger than the OEM or previous shims you had?

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score

the cross mark on caliper piston
flat head screw driver
turn caliper piston
voila

BKLYN ACCORD

Reaction score

I don't mean to test your intelligence but are the original shims still inside the caliper somehow? Or are the shims you have on the pads larger than the OEM or previous shims you had?

same shim on the caliper, but what i don't get is that the other rear caliper went on with no problems with the new hardware. will report back tomorrow it got to late to keep on

He knows how to do that if the passenger rear is fine. It's an individual problem.

individual problem for sure

hey have no clue bout this....but i see ur from Bk pm me

im in ozone park right now with car jacked up had to crash at cousins house.

Last edited:

xmsleepr

Reaction score

wait so you were able to turn in the piston all the way in and it still wont go over the rotor?

BKLYN ACCORD

Reaction score

click on the picture. i have these 2 things circled. can these be turned to make them go in so i can make the caliper fit??

oh forgot to mention that i had to go back to pepboys because they gave me a rotor that the Phillips screw did not line up to the hub. so they gave me another rotor with different swirl marks on the rotor itself. maybe the rotor is to thick. im about to check the rear pass rotor to see the thickness.

Last edited:
Back