Budget Mods: Your pics

NoSkillz

Reaction score
Well not sure where to post this but i want performance mods so i guess here.

Basicly I have 1 grand to spend on my 2001 accord coupe. I want to improve its general performance. Besides tune up and general maintance.

Sprins/Shocks are out of the question unless you can propose a good setup with 19' rims :bash:
Im thinking short ram, upgraded grounds, hi-flow cat, and now i run out of ideas.......
so basicly ya i've read whats on the forums stickies, topics but i want a general opinion no matter what it is.
:peace:

wg2k7

Reaction score
if your gunna get rims your gunna need a drop first off. your car will look even more like a 4x4 then stock. i would recommend 18s first off, its a safer setup and youll get better performance and imo it looks better. if you still wont drop it, get intake exhaust and if you have a system do the grounds, otherwise its pretty pointless.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I/H/E..that high flow cat would almost be pointless without a cat-back exhaust to go along with it in my opinion. Make your own grounding kit for under $50 I believe.

wg2k7

Reaction score
damn i always forget you guys are all 4 bangers. id just make it look and sound good, if i were you with a 4 cyl coupe and a tracker monster other car, slam it and put it on 18s, tint, intake, exhaust, and maybe lip or something simple

shavedaccord

Reaction score
lol I got the v6, if he didn't mention performance I'd say slam it and cruise, don't waste that grand on the engine. But he wants performance.

wg2k7

Reaction score
performance isnt always a straight line, his perception of it may be, but for me suspension is just as important as engine, although i contradict that because im sittin on stock suspension and wheels and only mods are i/e, but i wish i was dropped, haha

theaccordian

Reaction score
wg2k7 said:
performance isnt always a straight line, his perception of it may be, but for me suspension is just as important as engine, although i contradict that because im sittin on stock suspension and wheels and only mods are i/e, but i wish i was dropped, haha

you can improve your handling way more than you can gain hp with boltons.

But if youre on a budget. This is what Id do, NO SHORT RAM INTAKE, just adds sound, remove your resonator and cut a whole in your air box, same gains as a sr for free, ebay header with 2.5" collector welded on, and custom mandrel bent exhaust, and a random tech or carsound cat, whichever you can find cheaper. You can do all these mods for the low low price of around 400-500.

But then again, those 19" wheels you have will negate any gains from these mods. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

NoSkillz

Reaction score
ok i guess i left a few things out. Pretty much the accord right now has a body kit on it, i already have the 19's (Dosn't sit that high at all, rubs thoe if i have 3 or more people in the car), tints, sounds sytem. It also has a front strut bar :p.

Basicly im just trying to improve everyday performance, nothing serious here, basicly im looking at bolt ons, or a some sort of suspenion upgrade. Basicly i just want to make this thing comfortable for driving. Sound of the car i would like to improve but no "fart can" is going on it cause i want to keep it clean and respectable so maybe a specific exhaust system u guys like would be a great tip.

oh and thanks for the info so far... seems like I/H/E so far is the most popular choice.

Last edited:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Post some pictures :D

As for performance, i hope your not expecting big gains out of your car for a grand...a grand on a 4cyl accord won't get you to 150 hp..i am guessing, but don't quote me because i decided to not wast my money on performance..but yeah i would go with atleast I/H/E

I just removed intake resonator from my stock intake then i have Apexi WS exhaust, i love the exhaust, hangs low..and if you want it to be loud i don't recommend it

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
K&N drop in filter, Header, Exhaust, Throttle body coolant bypass, remove balance shafts and replace with kaizenspeed kit. All that should keep you under a grand, granted you can install or do it all yourself.

Back