Offset?

Twobit

Reaction score
Help me with offsets....I don't think I 100% understand the term "offset." Is it the setting at which the wheel connects to the hub? or what?

Phil47906

Reaction score
Link
For 6th gens, anything higher than a +45 offset is fine I think. You can go lower offset but then the wheels will start to stick out past the fender. Some people do go this route if they have a widebody-kit or fender flares and are after a more flushed look.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
offset is how far the mounting surface of the wheel is from the center line of the wheel...towards the outside is positive offset and towards the inside is negative offset...if the mounting surface is right on the center line you have 0 offset

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Dinzdale40 said:
offset is how far the mounting surface of the wheel is from the center line of the wheel...towards the outside is positive offset and towards the inside is negative offset...if the mounting surface is right on the center line you have 0 offset
Yup, it's just a measurement of how far from the center of the wheel. Just stay around +40 to +45 and it will look right and not rub. You can go lower, which can look really good if done right, like +25ish but you really need to know what you are getting into.

Back