clutch problem or axle problem

99accord boi

Reaction score
last friday as i was leaving my house my car stated making noises as if the front passenger axle was going bad. so i pulled over to check my lug nuts they were fine . so as i pulled out it made the same noise again i drove for a couple hundred feet wen i decided to stop again to see if i could see wat was going on so i decided to leave so i threw it into first and as i pulled out the clutch it made the noise and didnt go anywere
so now wen i turn the car on and release the clutch wen in gear it makes the noise but wen its in neutral or gear (with the clutch in) it doesnt make the noise
i pushed the car home while it was off and it didnt make a noise

today wen i turned it on kept it in neutral to push it to a diff parking space it made the noise again

i believe its my clutch
but my dad says its the axle
what do u guys think it is?

jcollins6

Reaction score
is it a clicking? Do you have a new vibration? Where you going around a corner or straight? If you were going around a corner then it may be cv joint. TO bearing will make noise until the clutch is pushed in, if the noise is there when the clutch is pushed in then its a different bearing.

99accord boi

Reaction score
is it a clicking? Do you have a new vibration? Where you going around a corner or straight? If you were going around a corner then it may be cv joint. TO bearing will make noise until the clutch is pushed in, if the noise is there when the clutch is pushed in then its a different bearing.

its more like a clank but to be more specific it makes a noise exactly like metal peices inside a dryer
and my wheels were turned as i left from a stop and yes it only made the noise wen my wheels were turned (in motion or from a stop)

jcollins6

Reaction score
I have always been told that a click or clanking when the wheel is turned is a sign of a cv joint going bad. my .02

99accord boi

Reaction score
yea ive had an axle go bad on this car already ( i was young and wreckless )
it makes a clearly different noise
also it can make the noise with the wheels facing stright but wont make the noise till the clutch is released wen in gear
ill be sure to check it out today after class :thumbup:
also ill make a vid so u can hear for ur self

dcmystery21

Reaction score
yea ive had an axle go bad on this car already ( i was young and wreckless )
it makes a clearly different noise
also it can make the noise with the wheels facing stright but wont make the noise till the clutch is released wen in gear
ill be sure to check it out today after class :thumbup:
also ill make a vid so u can hear for ur self

vids work wonders. sound more like the clutch to me. cv popping is very distinctive.

finch13

Reaction score
Sounds just like what my clutch sounded like when one of the springs started coming out of the hub on the disc. Aftermarket or stock?

vtec2000

Reaction score
last friday as i was leaving my house my car stated making noises as if the front passenger axle was going bad. so i pulled over to check my lug nuts they were fine . so as i pulled out it made the same noise again i drove for a couple hundred feet wen i decided to stop again to see if i could see wat was going on so i decided to leave so i threw it into first and as i pulled out the clutch it made the noise and didnt go anywere
so now wen i turn the car on and release the clutch wen in gear it makes the noise but wen its in neutral or gear (with the clutch in) it doesnt make the noise
i pushed the car home while it was off and it didnt make a noise

today wen i turned it on kept it in neutral to push it to a diff parking space it made the noise again

i believe its my clutch
but my dad says its the axle
what do u guys think it is?

let me know what it is plz i have the same problem and its getting anoying thx

Chris Vu

Reaction score
i have a clunking noise when i go over lil bumps in the front .. sounds like that metal guard thingy behind the rotors bouncing around and hitting the rotors lol.

Back