Overheating ?????

Greendevil511

Reaction score
i got a 99 accord i4 vtech, had a tranny put in and clutch at a shop. they found that one of my temp sensors was cracked so they replaced it and a coolent sending unit. got a car back and the gage would read hot after it would warm up. i flushed the system got a new radiator cap got a new thermostat, bleed the system several times and the gauge still goes almost to red hot. but the engine does not feel like its over heating. what could it be. there is another temp sensor by the thermostat housing could that be reading bad? sometimes when im driving it would read as tem is high but when i come to a stop it goes down, yes my fans do work fine . any suggestions ??? thanks

slowrider87

Reaction score
"coolant sending unit"?... you mean water pump?

go to a shop, and ask them to take the temperature manually, only look at your guages to let the car warm up, when the gage is all the way up use a laser thermometer and shoot it at the thermostat housing. if the temp reads between 180-205 CONSISTENTLY then you should test the remaining sensor you didn't replace yet. your gauge may be bad, but unlikely. usually when those go bad they don't ever move from the bottom pin.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
if the shop didn't do a good job fixing it the first time, bring it back to them... they should fix it for free

Back