Car died on me tonite..

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
Car was driving weird the last 2 days. Since last nite, it felt super sluggish. When I stepped on the gas, it took forever for the rpm needle to go up... Also had to shift around 3.5k rpm cos it was difficult to go over that. Tonight on the freeway, the car just got slower and slower although I kept stepping on the gas. Felt like there was more and more resistance by the minute. Eventually, the car shook a lil and died. It would start if I rested it for a few minutes, but it would die again after 10 sec or so. I know my cat is going bad, but I don't thinking tht would it would cos the car to bog down. I had it towed to a shop close to my place. If I can find a solution before the shop then, tht would be great. Thanks

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Also had to shift around 3.5k rpm cos it was difficult to go over that.
you dont have vtec to kick in, yo :redface2:

I know my cat is going bad, but I don't thinking tht would it would cos the car to bog down. I had it towed to a shop close to my place. If I can find a solution before the shop then, tht would be great. Thanks
the easy test is to have someone else start the car and put your face (just kidding...use your hand :lawl:) up to the exhaust outlet. if very little air comes out, thats your problem.

a few years ago, someone did a bunch of tuneup stuff to their saturn and it still wouldn't run unless you revved it constantly. there was NO airflow from the muffler :run: unhooked the exhaust at the cat, 1.9L of dual cam fury sprung to life :lawl:

Millz

Reaction score
had a similar thing happen when i was going to a cottage with a friend

turned out his cat was totally plugged (going up a hill he'd be at like 5/10km/h) and he could barely get the car to move at all. eventually shut off

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
Yup... The cat is clogged.. The guy is gonna clean the inside out and do alignment for a total of $100

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
dude, you have like 4 cats living with you, just swap out the old one for a new one

jwong512

Reaction score
I heard cleaning cats isn't a good idea since they're so fragile? And when was the last time you didn't an oil change? You weren't running low on oil right?

Back