defrost problem!

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
Its been raining like crazy the past week in new york city and my front defrost takes forever to clear the windshield and at times it doesn't work at all. It bothers me a lot because today I had to pull over since I couldn't see anything, any suggestions on what I could do to fix this issue? (98 v6 sedan)

Last edited:

makdaddy

Reaction score
I get that problem too. You either have to wait for the defroster to clear it. or Turn on ur AC but since ur AC isn't working thats out the question. Open your windows a bit. thats what i do

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
I get that problem too. You either have to wait for the defroster to clear it. or Turn on ur AC but since ur AC isn't working thats out the question. Open your windows a bit. thats what i do

i shouldnt have to open my window to clear my windows even tho that does work somewhat i rather get the defrost fixed

jwong512

Reaction score
Defroster only functions while the a/c is switched on. I don't think you can run the defrosters with just the fans by itself so there's your problem. Also, be sure to check your cabin air filter and make sure it's not clogged and that your getting a good amount of air flow through.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
blasting the heat has always worked for me...which kinda sucks actually lol, but it gets the job done. definitely get your a/c recharged and youll be good to go.

Defroster only functions while the a/c is switched on. I don't think you can run the defrosters with just the fans by itself so there's your problem. Also, be sure to check your cabin air filter and make sure it's not clogged and that your getting a good amount of air flow through.

you can run the defroster without the a/c on.​

Back