Accord Coupe h22a swap - driver's axle

unclefast

Reaction score
Hi All , I need some help about the swap h22a engine into cg3 accord coupe.
This is the first swap i Poland and it's almost ready. The only thing that left is the driver's side axle which is 4cm too short .
Does anyone have the exact length of it that it's being used during the swap?
The engine is h22a prelude and M2B4 gearbox.
Please advice what to do in this case, should I make the axle custom made?

Thanks in advance.

ib042129

Reaction score
Don't the CV joints have a little bit of lateral motion built into them? Are you sure you just did not just compress the axle all the way in?

The other issue, is it possible that your engine mounts are different and positioned the engine 4cm off, or at an angle? The stock and the H22 transmissions should be completely interchangeable.

lwlba

Reaction score
are you using prelude or accord axles? it actually does make a difference. use ur accord ones

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
i might know what he's talking about, when the shop did my h22a swap they gave me all my old parts including an axle i had no idea why, but they replaced that as well.

unclefast

Reaction score
We are waiting now for custom made. We had the driver's axle from accord coupe CG4 (f20b5) engine that's why it could be to short. I need to compare the part numbers of CG3 and CG4.
Does anyone have maybe the honda's part number for CG3 ?

Is there someone on the forum who has the swap made from japanese JDM prelude h22a with m2b4 gearbox?

Last edited:

VonDubz

Reaction score
I have an f23 with a Mb24, but my accord is a 99. Idk if its the same as the older ones

unclefast

Reaction score
do You have the part number of driver's axle ?
I have it from CG4 2.0l european version , it doesn't fit to the h22a and m2b4 .
I'm wondering if it's the same as this used in CG3 f23a version.

VonDubz

Reaction score
I kno the manual accord axles for the 99 are 28 splines on one side and 27 splines on the other side, The f23 halfshaft bolts onto the h22 and allows everything to work. I'll measure the axle for you when i get a chance. prolly later tonite ill take it out and hold a tape measure to it

Back