does anyone make orange tint?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
no no, im not doing the windows haha. i want some kind of rockblocker/laminx type of film. it needs to go on the inside, and be transparent from the inside. kind of like how niteshades is dark when you look at it, but lets the light shine through. make sense? lol

i dont need an assload, just maybe a 12x12 sheet. ideas??

Jeffro

Reaction score
I don't know if this would be exactly what you were looking for, and it doesn't give much info on it:

Clicky

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
yeah, thats the only stuff i could find. it might be worth it if i could use what i need, and then sell the partial roll either in whole or cut it in squares. 20 bucks is a lot to shell out considering i dont need much...

might as well reveal the secret...i want to tint my turn signals orange. im not going to leave any of it clear, and i dont want to mess with paint. im also going to paint or niteshade (havent decided yet) the amber strip black. this would be on my retro :thumbsup: if anyone would want enough to do theirs, id split a roll. just pay like $2 for my to cover the initial price and an envelope, and shipping, prob a $1.50. lmk!

DjC

Reaction score
I did that on my headlights. Looks great and original - I got the idea from dj_tantoys car

I used orange krylon fusion transparent paint for glass. easier to use than tint film, imho. and cheap too!

Jeffro

Reaction score
ryan s said:
yeah, thats the only stuff i could find. it might be worth it if i could use what i need, and then sell the partial roll either in whole or cut it in squares. 20 bucks is a lot to shell out considering i dont need much...

That could do a lot of cars with a 2' by 6' roll, lol. If you're really brave, too, you might always try a little red over a little yellow, but it wouldn't get you as definate results, if you know what I mean, but they're probably easier to find...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
DjC said:
I used orange krylon fusion transparent paint for glass. easier to use than tint film, imho. and cheap too!
only stuff on krylons site is "pumpkin safety orange." im looking for more of a vibrant orange, one that looks like jdm corners or that come to a close match with the amber strip...
jeffro said:
That could do a lot of cars with a 2' by 6' roll, lol. If you're really brave, too, you might always try a little red over a little yellow, but it wouldn't get you as definate results, if you know what I mean, but they're probably easier to find...
haha, yeah it would...each car needs like a 10x10 square for both sides :rofl:

idk which color should go on first to mix...with art, you mix light into dark if i remember right. i have no idea how that would work with tint film :confused:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Does it have to be film? You can get transparent paint at almost any hobbie shop for about $3 a can.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
id prefer it to be tint since its more uniform in application and color, but paint would be ok if i can find the right color. my main concern with paint is it "pooling" on the bottom. im also kinda concerned about the transparency. tint gives a definite number (35%) but that might be too dark both for the 5-0s and for safety.

Back