I needz a favor so I can get tuned soon

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
can someone unplug their VSS and take a picture of the connector. when we were doing my build we accidentally changed the connector on the VSS thinking it was the IACV plug. fortunately we just pulled the wires out of the connector so nothing was cut. I'm almost positive when we put the connecter back on it, after realizing it wasn't the VSS, the wires were put back into the connector in the wrong order. reason I think this is the case is cause I tested all the wires to be sure there was no shorts or anything and the VSS thats in it is brand spanking new. so I'm thinking it all works its just not sending a signal back to the ecu due to the wires being mixed up.

THIS IS THE LAST THING I NEED TO FIX BEFORE I GET TUNED so please someone do this for me soon. or if anyone knows where i can get a pin out of the connector that would work too.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I would if I was closer to my car bro, but if I go up there later today I can get it, but most likely tomorrow because I will go have myself a scraping and weight reduction session for a bit. I can get it for you then.

slowrider87

Reaction score
if it's not the right one i'm sorry. i'm a little dumb on sensor connector location.

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

slowrider87

Reaction score
yeah that's apparently the ABS sensor, but i couldn't find anything about the VSS location for anything but an auto tranny. i'd jack it up but i don't have time before work, and i discovered yesterday that none of my jacks clear my skirts or lip. time to buy some 2x8's

sorry man. check your PM though, something you might find useful. idk

-Edit- found it.
IMAG0118.jpg

couldn't get a grip on it to unplug it. but you should be able to use the colors of the wires to your advantage.

Last edited:

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
found out the wiring is the same for all OBD2 honda's so i just looked at my dad's ek since the VSS for that is right out in the open. thanks for your help anyway guys!!

omg I could kiss you for the info in that pm......:love:

but i only like girls so I'll jut buy you a drink sometime hahha.

slowrider87

Reaction score
found out the wiring is the same for all OBD2 honda's so i just looked at my dad's ek since the VSS for that is right out in the open. thanks for your help anyway guys!!

omg I could kiss you for the info in that pm......:love:

but i only like girls so I'll jut buy you a drink sometime hahha.

Lol. The second option works.

That obdII stuff is good to know too.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
lol it was tim's user name and password for alldattadiy.com haha. I miss having alldata toblook **** up on anytime I need to.

btw tim will that work for looking up stuff on any car or is it just like a you buy a subscription to one car kinda thing

Back