Tranmission? Ignition? or what

Looneytune

Reaction score
I thought this sound I was hearing was the starter like, when your car is on and you accidentally turn the key and her that scrapping sound or just overturning your car on.

So i replaced the starter thinking that was it. Got the new starter in and heard the same thing. Now I'm at a stand still. Would it be transmission, or what? Please help

V6 accord coupe 231,xxx miles.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Check your timing belt and pulley system. Have someone stand outside and put there ear close to the engine and try and trouble shoot the precise location to where the noise is coming from. Your transmission is disengaged in Park / neutral / or 1st with the clutch pushed in depending on auto or manual and how you park so there should be really no grinding type noise like that. I could be wrong though but I would suggest checking the pulley and timing belt area.

Post update after you have someone listen or you listen to someone starting your car and try to find the precise location like I said earlier.

Last edited:

Looneytune

Reaction score
Ill make a youtube video real quick of the sound. And it only makes the sound in park or neutral.
The transmission is slipping. So thats another problem i have.

But I'll post updates.,

Thank you.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Hell it might be the transmission. Your flywheel could have warn teeth and be grinding. With the amount of miles that your car has, when was your transmission inspected last?

I heard also check your AC compressor but meh. Loose belts, Starter Baring.. I'll just wait to hear the video.

Last edited:

nsjames

Reaction score
loose flex plate bolts is another possibility. Would only happen when there was no load, or when you change from accell to decel while driving.

Back