what do you guys think of this price and offer?

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
I have this big dent on my car that is noticable only from an angle, but it's noticable. I went to have it looked at by this paintless dent removal place. The guy estimated me $150 to remove that one, mind you this runs along the frame line of the rear passenger door. Then he looked all over the car and said I have small dings and dents here and there, also that I needed body detailing/waxing. He said for $300 he would do a paintless dent removal job on my entire car: remove every dent or ding he finds on it, hopefully without punching any holes he said but he would let me know before he does. Not only that, he is also going to wet sand the car down to the clearcoat to remove the dirt and current layer of wax, and rewax the entire car to showroom quality. He said his team consisted of two guys who have been doing this for 13 years and 18 years. One worked for a Mercedes factory and another for Nissan and Honda factory. He said it will take him a day to a day and a half for this job.

What do you guys think? $300 for total car body paintless dent removal, EVERY SINGLE DENT he finds he'll remove it. Plus he'll rewax the entire car to showroom/new car quality.

wg2k7

Reaction score
thats alot but they sound experienced. is it a nice shop? if it sounds legit i think its prolly a pretty fair price.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Well he has to rewax it regardless due to the glue that is used in the dent pulling so that is a given. How good is your paint? I've seen some guys use "paintless" dent removers and it pull the paint off

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
well he fet the car with his hands and didn't mention anything. my paint is good in my opinion, i haven't had any cracklines or anything like that.

the shop looks good, it's a big shop with i think 6-8 bays. they have loyal customers cause when i walked into the office there were a lot of people just talking and laughing with the staff. another one even said "boy you guys really busy, this is the busiest i've seen you all year."

it's not like at GoodYear where it's awkward and funeral like. that vibe is what made me feel comfortable. he gave me a written estimate too so when i come back he knows what he wrote and that he won't bull**** me again.

anyways, yay or nay. worth it or not?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
1.5 day to wetsand the whole car? hmmm.... tht dun sound right to me.... waiting for the clear to dry off will take at least a day by itself

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
doesn't sound like they are going to re-clear the car..

I would ask if they are also going to re-clear the car, and if not, how much extra.

$300 w/o clear for a few dents + wetsand doesn't sound bad to me though

6THGEN_AI4

Go to its a good price, I just gonna say don't go to Ray's shop. PLEASE

Back