Car won't start... Again...

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
So once again my car is not starting. Earlier today, my uncle gave me a jump and the car started, but then died again after leaving it turned off. Took my battery to autozone and found out it was time to replace. Got a new battery, put it in when I got home, car started and drove fine, Etc. Let the car sit for a bit tried starting it again, turned over fine. Turned it off and not 5 minutes later I got back in to go to the gas station for some late night munchies and it won't start. Anybody know what could be wrong? My money is on the alternator...

SxyRed6gen

Reaction score
^Right....
Anyway, main relay would be my first thought if the ignition recall has already been done in the past. To find out about the recall just call the dealer and they should be able to take your vin and see if it has been fixed, if not they should do it for free

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
^Right....
Anyway, main relay would be my first thought if the ignition recall has already been done in the past. To find out about the recall just call the dealer and they should be able to take your vin and see if it has been fixed, if not they should do it for free

Tbh the ignition recall probably has not been done. All the easily preventable problems i've seemed to have with the car leads me to belive previous owners didn't take care of it. Only thing is if the ignition is bad, would it still start with a jump? Because thats how it is now, if I jump it it starts up, but without a jump it won't start.

SxyRed6gen

Reaction score
As far as I've seen the ignition would be intermittent, so maybe and maybe not. The car also would shut off randomly while driving in bad cases. Check that first then depending on mileage it could likely be your alternator. The V6 guys have a pretty prominent alternator problem

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
As far as I've seen the ignition would be intermittent, so maybe and maybe not. The car also would shut off randomly while driving in bad cases. Check that first then depending on mileage it could likely be your alternator. The V6 guys have a pretty prominent alternator problem

No the car doesn't shut off. When I can get it to start it runs just like normal, but once I take that key out thats it.

SxyRed6gen

Reaction score
Try checking the connection on the starter. After my 5spd swap I developed a starting problem within the next 2 weeks or so. Long story short, I had to retighten the nut on the starter and it solved the problem. Most times a failing alternator with make your dash lights light up and flicker or something of the sort, in the case of my Prelude the plug slipped out of the alt and the car ran fine but the radio would start to flick on and off then the car itself would shut down all together.

Back