coilovers and winter :/

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ok, heres the deal guys. my car is making a squeaky bed type sound from the front left whenever i drive under 20mph. cant hear it over that speed cause of tire/wind noise. i was going into the mcdonalds drive thru last night and...wow...it was loud. going out of driveways and stuff, i can hear it squeek and make all kinds of sounds. the car bounces like its riding on ebay coilovers. i thought the new tires would help some, but nope.

my dillema is this: i want to sell this car and get a different 6th gen. should i go ahead and buy some tein basics, put em on, then when i find another car, swap the suspension with the new car and sell this car?

how much does stock accord suspension cost? how well do coilovers hold up during winter (im looking at all you midwest guys)? do you have to scrape all the crap off the perches to adjust them in the spring? whats the best way to do it? anyone have experience with basics in heavy salt??

im not gonna slam it yet cause im not going to put a camber kit on this car, im going to have it at almost stock height for the winter, and 65 series tires dont help either (they were cheap, what can i say).

should i buy stock suspension for this car, then buy teins later on? or buy teins once and go through winter with them? help me... :beer:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I hear ya on the noise..mine make that when i am at low speeds also...so i just try and not hit bumps when driving slow haha...been awful during the winter...

minituck04

Reaction score
f ck it move to texas. then you wont have a problem and you can run summer tires year round. f ck that winter setup ****.bwahahahahaha

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
im tryin to move out west when i graduate next december. well see how that goes cause i dont want to see snow again.

eric, youve got a prokit on stock shocks, right? not only are mine making sounds, but theyre getting bouncy. pretty sure mine are blown :(

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
yeah i have prokit on stock shocks....my shocks are probably getting close to being blown..what do you have? are all these problems new to you?

If your going to sell your car i wouldn't bother getting aftermarket coil-overs just going to lose some money in it...if you do change something i would say just go back to stock..I wouldn't think stock would cost 2 much used..so i would just do some shopping around..

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ive got bone stock suspension as of now. its been making noises and starting to ride rough a few months ago, but nothing major. last night the steering felt pretty numb and the brakes didnt feel good. it was pretty cold so that could have played a part too.

my plan was to get some teins now, buy a different 6th gen, then take the suspension off it and stick it on the car i have now, in order to sell it. the teins would stay with me and go on the new car.

Back